This resume sample is for the post of Room Service Supervisor. A Hotel’s/Restaurant’s/any dining place’s reputation lies on its workers. The more comfortable the customers would feel the more often they are going to visit the place. A Room Service supervisor makes sure that all the services are being carried out smoothly, waiters are taking orders and they re delivered to the right rooms precisely. He manages, handles and rejuvenates his sub-workers. Your resume must highlight your qualities of dedication, commitment and consistent. Below we have given an example of such a resume that should help you in building a convincing and impressive (Room Service Supervisor)resume.
There are some Room Service Supervisor Resume Sample category resumes given below,
- Supervisor Resume Sample
- Customer Service Supervisor Resume Sample
Office Safety Supervisor Resume Sample
Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Sample
Hotel Supervisor Resume Sample
Floor Supervisor Resume Sample
Store Supervisor Resume Sample
Chef Cum Supervisor Resume Sample
Supervisor Customer Service Resume Sample
Room Service Supervisor Resume Sample
To look for a job in any reputable company that can bring out the best of my ability and give me the opportunity to support my family.
– Be able to work a flexible schedule, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
– Possess the necessary social skills to work with a broad based constituency and provide excellent
Service to all internal and external customers.
– Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
– Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement and furthermore
Support and comply with all policies, procedures, and standards.
– Protect restaurant assets.(Room Service Supervisor)
– Be an ambassador of inside and outside of work.(Room Service Supervisor)
Room Service Supervisor :
- Insures that the restaurant is clean and organized at all times.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of restaurant. Including: table set-ups, flowers, decorations, lighting, and all aspects pertaining to the ambiance.
- To oversee and assist in the set-up, confirmation and organization of restaurant reservations.
- Assists in scheduling, hiring, firing, training, and managing of front employees.
- Controls costs, regulates sales and labor, and maintains profitability standards as set by the restaurant manager.
- Provides a learning environment through daily training for front employees.
- Orders supplies, inventories, and insures restaurant supplies are at proper levels for service.
- Do daily sales report, inventory report & request supplies.
- Works closely with restaurant manager and chefs on menus, food concepts, and customer feedback.
- Exhibits job and product knowledge sufficient to provide customer with accurate information in all aspects of food and service.
- Exhibits self-confidence to the degree necessary to handle a variety of situations in a positive and professional manner.
- Exhibits a positive attitude when speaking about customers, fellow employees and management.
- Takes ownership and is responsible for all aspects of restaurant operations during shift.
Customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organizations
- Makes telephone calls and arrange presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Arrange to participate in trade shows and conventions.
Mall Sales/Customer’s Representative
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.(Room Service Supervisor)
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.(Room Service Supervisor)
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.(Room Service Supervisor)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Mall Sales Coordinator
- Assists the sales team, focusing mostly on managing schedules and the distribution of any sales documentation.
- Prepares and then follows up on any sales quotations made for clients, negotiating terms with the client at a cost best suited for them.
- Respond to any online or telephone queries in a calm and friendly manner.
- Liaise between other departments and the client to provide the service most suitable to the client’s needs, cost and time restraints.
- Work closely with the Sales team to assess the progress of the department and develop Sales strategy accordingly.
- Produce reports on progress within the department and outline any developed strategies to improve.
- Responsible for overseeing any supercharges and evaluating any alterations to both external and internal staff.
Room Service Attendant / Ship Attendant
- Ensuring the cleanliness & orderliness of the guest rooms
- Facilitate changing of bedding & prepare checked out rooms
- Doing bar inventory & replenishment
- Facilitate & assist room service
- Coordinate room food orders and delivery
- Assisting hotel guest
- Ensure cleanliness of ship guest room and dining area
- Ensure proper table setting
Date of Birth: 0000
Passport number: 0000
Bachelor of Science in Commerce
Marine engineering (1.5 years – undergraduate)