This resume sample is for the post of Hotel Supervisor. A Hotel’s/Restaurant’s/any dining place’s reputation lies on its workers. The more comfortable the customers would feel the more often they are going to visit the place. A Hotel Supervisor makes sure that all the services are being carried out smoothly, waiters are taking orders accordingly and they’re being delivered to the right rooms. See also Room Supervisor Resume Sample, Waiter Resume Sample. A Hotel Supervisor manages, handles and rejuvenates his sub-workers, manages the hotel management and accounts. Your resume must highlight your qualities of dedication, commitment and consistent. Below we have given an example of such a resume that should help you in building a convincing and impressive (Hotel Supervisor) resume.
OBJECTIVE: (Hotel Supervisor)
To look for a job in any reputable company that can bring out the best of my ability and give me the opportunity to support my family.
– Be able to work a flexible schedule, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
– Possess the necessary social skills to work with a broad based constituency and provide excellent
Service to all internal and external customers.
– Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
– Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement and furthermore
Support and comply with all policies, procedures, and standards.
– Protect restaurant assets.(Hotel Supervisor)
– Be an ambassador of inside and outside of work.(Hotel Supervisor)
Hotel Supervisor :
- Insures that the restaurant is clean and organized at all times.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of restaurant. Including: table set-ups, flowers, decorations, lighting, and all aspects pertaining to the ambiance.
- To oversee and assist in the set-up, confirmation and organization of restaurant reservations.
- Assists in scheduling, hiring, firing, training, and managing of front employees.
- Controls costs, regulates sales and labor, and maintains profitability standards as set by the restaurant manager.
- Exhibits job and product knowledge sufficient to provide customer with accurate information in all aspects of food and service.
- Exhibits self-confidence to the degree necessary to handle a variety of situations in a positive and professional manner.
- Exhibits a positive attitude when speaking about customers, fellow employees and management.
- Takes ownership and is responsible for all aspects of restaurant operations during shift.
Assistant Hotel Supervisor:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.(Hotel Supervisor)
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.(Hotel Supervisor)
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.(Hotel Supervisor)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Mall Sales Coordinator
- Assists the sales team, focusing mostly on managing schedules and the distribution of any sales documentation.
- Prepares and then follows up on any sales quotations made for clients, negotiating terms with the client at a cost best suited for them.
- Respond to any online or telephone queries in a calm and friendly manner.
- Liaise between other departments and the client to provide the service most suitable to the client’s needs, cost and time restraints.
- Work closely with the Sales team to assess the progress of the department and develop Sales strategy accordingly.
- Produce reports on progress within the department and outline any developed strategies to improve.
- Responsible for overseeing any supercharges and evaluating any alterations to both external and internal staff.
Date of Birth: 0000
Passport number: 0000
Bachelor of Science in Commerce