This resume is a sample for the post of Sous Chef. A Sous Chef is similar to an under-chef or an assistant chef (Chef de Parties). He plans and directs how the food is presented on the plate, keeps the kitchen staff in order, trains new chefs and maintain the quality of the food presented. He plans the work schedule and makes other chefs cook all the time. He monitors the quality of the food, cooked at right speed, right time and delivered on the right table. It is s Sous Chef’s responsibility to present the order at the table to the customer’s satisfaction. In five star hotels customers wish to have a dish cooked by a particular Chef. Your resume must prescribe your sufficient experience in the culinary field along with your quality of managing the staff. Down is the sample of such a resume, customize it with your specifications and add some images/references along.
Email ID: xxxx
To seek placement with an organization in order to utilize my skills, expertise and experience in culinary for the growth and prosperity of the organization to the optimum level as well as facilitate my career and professional experience.
Desired Position: “Sous Chef”
Sous Chef (present)
- Responsible for ordering all stock in kitchen.
- In charge in monthly inventory.
- Monitoring all the items in chiller, dry store, frozen products.
- Report to executive chef all the function of operation.
- Do the briefing in daily basis in order for implementation of the restaurant.
- In-charge in the absent of executive chef.
- Do training to the co-staff regarding basic food safety.
Sous Chef (July 2011 to December 2013)
- Over all in charge in the kitchen function.
- Make all instruction preparation for the team in the kitchen to make sure that all necessary arrangements for the events or seminar within the day must prepare ahead
- Implementing the sanitation in all area in the kitchen but as well in the whole Café Arabia
- Do the training to staff regarding the basic food safety procedure.
- To make sure the operation and the standard procedure will be done on proper ways..
Asst.Line Cook (2008-2009)
- In Charge in the buffet section.
- Did actual cooking in front of the guest.
- Maintain the orderliness of the assigned area.
- Prepare the time temperature log management
Major Accomplishment: Able to cope up with time constraint, and serve international cuisine that satisfies the guest aboard.
Chef de Partie(2001-2008)
- Does the supervision of the kitchen/food requirements.
- Manage the cleanliness and orderliness of the whole area.
- Suggest Recommendations on how to increase restaurant’s revenue.
- Prepares the purchase requisition of the food ingredients.
- Make sure the quality and the standard of the dish will be implement
Major Accomplishment: Able to manage the assigns responsibility with due diligence.
Production Manager (1998-2000)
- Responsible for the cleanliness and operational competency of the store.
- Responsible for the orderliness of the food preparation.
- Responsible for the time keeping of the co-staff.
- Able to deal with multi-cultural/language environment with respect and cordiality.
- Responsible of maintaining the stock, wasted item, and time management.
- Head of station and controlling the quantity of cook stock in the warming machine.
Major Accomplishment: Able to develop a more profound meaning of CUSTOMER SERVICE that is CONSISTENT delivery of superior service to the customer.
Assistant Sushi Chef (1997-1998)
- Responsible for cooking the food being ordered to customer’s table
- Responsible for the task of cleaning the kitchen area.
- Responsible for dispatching the food.
- Coordinate with the head Cook.
Major Accomplishment: Able to develop the inner desire of being into food and beverages profession/service and as well came into realization that food service is an ART which shold and must be done masterfully for the SATISFACTION of the customers.
Kitchen Manager (1996-1997)
- Responsible for cutting vegetables.
- Responsible for cleanliness.
- Responsible for the daily routine of segregating expired and un expired products.
- Do the mice en place
Major Accomplishment: Able to develop the ability to follow and adhere to company’s rules and regulation;
- Norwegian Cruise Public Health training program 2009 at Norwegian Cruise (U.S.A)
- Marine Evacuation System – 2009 at Norwegian Cruise (U.S.A)
- Basic First Aid Refresher – 2009 at Norwegian Cruise (U.S.A)
- Crowd Management – 2008 at Norwegian Cruise (U.S.A)
- Crew safety and Security Awareness training – 2008 at Norwegian Cruise (U.S.A)
- Drug Lecture Conducted onboard – 2008 at Norwegian Cruise (U.S.A)
- Basic Safety Training on Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting – 2009 at the Maritime training center of the Philippines.
TERTIARY: International Computer Driving Licence (Aug. 5 to Nov. 15 2014)
Filipino Association Computer Excellence (Abu Dhabi)
Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering (Year 1993-1996)
Philippine Maritime Institute Manila, Philippines
VuanghSant (Norwegian Cruise Line – Jade)
JavyBarraca (St. Regis Hotel – Abu Dhabi)
Aida Mansour (Café Arabia – Abu Dhabi)
Date of Birth : 00000
Birth of place : abc
Citizenship : abc
Civil Status : Married
I hereby certify that all the above information is true and correct with the best of knowledge and belief.