This sample of resume is for the post of Merchandise Officer. A Merchandise Officer’s chief task is to evaluate different suppliers, maintain and check reports and policies, negotiate the contracts, and constructing and analyzing purchasing policies for clients. Your resume is first interface with your recruiter and it must entail all your capabilities according to the employer’s requirements. Obviously an employer interested in hiring a finance manager would not care about your expertise in medical science. So your resume must be to-the-point with a brief description of your talent and expertise. Below we have given an impressive and convincing sample of Merchandise Officer resume. Customize it with your key skills and add references of your previous experiences (if any).
Email – xxxxxxxx
To build up my career with the help of my basic skills of technical, analytically, logical and communication strength while enabling the organization to achieve targets and growth.
- Over ten years of experience in the field of Administration and Marketing out of which 5 years in School Administration, Man Management, Procurement and Facility Management, Transport, Customer Care in Dubai.
- Worked in diverse environments ranging from corporate house in India to large education groups in Dubai.
- Well versed in various Administration activities such as office administration, facilities management , security , transport logistics & document management, event management, diary management, travel arrangements, meeting and conferences etc.
- Talents to successful manage, lead & develop multi cultural teams.
- Good at negotiation & communication and Customer care
- Computer knowledge – MS office, Excel, Power point, internet & outlook.
- Strong problem solving skills. Excellent written and oral communication abilities
Pursued MBA in Finance from National Institute of Management, India
Pursued B.Com from Mysore University, India.
Working as Administrative & Transport Manager at one of the best Education Institutions in Dubai with 2,250 students and 250+ staff since 2011.
To meet day to day administrative needs, coordinate with different divisional heads to understand their requirements and ensure smooth functioning.
- Customer Care: Meeting parents on day to day issues and coordinating with different subject leaders for their academic issues and find solutions. Take care of the front office requirements for meet and greet visitors/parents and supervise the work of front office staff.
- Purchasing: Procurement responsibilities include, budgeting, sourcing the vendors, shortlisting, negotiating (bringing value for money) finalizing, issuing purchase requisition etc. Prepare budget for yearly purchase of Capital items and give justification for the purchase and get the budget approved.
- Facility Management: Ensure health, safety and hygiene requirements are fully met as per Dubai Municipality, Civil Defense and Dubai Health Authority; Standards, negotiate and finalize annual MEP maintenance contracts, contracts for Fire systems, general cleaning, pest control, water tank cleaning, swimming pool maintenance, office automation equipment’s, canteen operations , facilitate requirements for day to day operations, develop strategy and methods for conservation of energy, ensure timely service of equipment’s to avoid breakdown etc. Facilitate inspection of Dubai Municipality, Dubai Health Authority & Civil Defense
- Supervision of PRO’s work: Check and authorize advance payment for Visa and Labor permits for new staff and renewal of old staff. Ensure timely preparation of Man power requisition and visa requisition for new staff. Ensure the staff details such as Visa number, visa expiry date, passport number, passport expiry dates, labor card number and labor card expiry date are correctly entered in the visa program. Ensure that the cancellations are done on time for leaving staff.
- Supervision of Security & support staff functions: Assign day to day work to security guards and other support staff and their monitoring. Maintaining their files, leave records, attendance etc.
- Asset Management: Maintain proper record of capital items purchased, inventory record, ensure placement of right items at right place and for right use, make sure items are not misused or damaged due to mishandling/wrong handling, and ensure timely service/maintenance of equipment’s for optimum usage.
- Recruitment of Support Staff and Admin Staff: Prepare and release advertisements in the news paper, screening applications, short listing, conducting interviews, discussing packages, finalizing appointments, issuing contract and assigning duties.
- Transportation: Keeping proper record of vehicle movements, ensure timely service and repairs of vehicles to avoid break downs, keep record of fuel consumption, deployment of right vehicle for right job, conduct training classes for drivers and conductors to ensure safety of students in the bus.
- Event Management: Facilitate and provide required materials and equipment’s and finalize, venue for smooth conduct of all events, arrange refreshments, ensure proper protocol is followed etc.
- Business Development: Worked towards the increasing the admission rate of the school by different ways of marketing, brand building, exploring new methodologies of teaching and learning etc.
Accomplishment: The quality indicator of KHDA “Health and Safety was continuously rated GOOD (which was headed by me)
Worked as Transport Manager & Procurement Officer at the same institution.
- Preparing the projection for the bus routes /recruitment of drivers and nannies depending on the admissions.
- Being the first point of contact for all drivers.
- Keeping proper record of vehicle movements.
- ensure timely service and repairs of vehicles to avoid break downs,
- Keep record of fuel consumption.
- Deployment of right vehicle for right job.
- Conduct training classes for drivers and conductors to ensure safety of students in the bus.
- Monitor and report driver issues such as accidents, safety concerns, or licensing issues.
- Plan for adequate number of drivers & routes for Extra trips & duties for school activities and also provide for emergency requirements of all the staff with special hours.
- Ensure that all the school transport activities are in conformance with the requirement of RTA and Dubai Police.
- Attend to the grievances of Parents.
- Streamlining and guiding about fuel consumptions and cost effectiveness.
- Periodically study the need of new routes and deploying the buses.
- Preparing the feasibility report for requirement of purchase of new buses and replacement of old buses.
- Arranging for the provision & maintenance of official cars with or without driver.
- In charge of the day to day operations of the transport department.
- Efficiently managing a team of drivers and vehicles.
- Appraising staff performance and also taking disciplinary measures when required.
Purchasing a fleet of own buses with the profit making in 2 years.
Worked as Sales & Marketing Executive at Al Hashimi Technical Works, Dubai.
- Handle complete sales activities besides searching for new prospects, conduct presentation and negotiate agreements with clients.( for Toyota Hino, Tata Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Truck Pick up)
- Regular Sales calls & follow up with existing & potential key accounts to open new business opportunities & ensure client awareness on new promotions-packages offered by the company.
- Prospect new markets for raising sales volumes. Manage up sell of the products.
- Arrange and submit offers and agreements to potential clients.
- Identify new business opportunities in the region and design innovative business proposals.
- Maintain excellent client relationship, follow up regularly on accounts, provide feedback to management on product performance and help clients get maximum benefit from range.
- Obtain and correlate customer feedback to assist with production planning, market analysis and product development. Provide technical support to customer.
- Maintaining and updating mailing databases
- Organizing and attending events and exhibitions.
- Securing sponsorship to assist with the publicity and funding of marketing projects.
- Carrying out market research and customer surveys to assess demand, brand positioning and awareness.
- Monitoring competitor activity
- Analyzing pricing positions
- Contributing to and developing long-term marketing plans and strategies
- Assisting in the delivery of approved strategies
- Managing budgets
- Supporting the marketing manager and other colleagues.
Nationality : Indian
Date of Birth : 000000
Marital Status : Married.
Driving license : UAE Driving License
Passport No : 0000
Visa status : Employment visa
Languages : English, Hindi .